WARD COUNCILLORS ELECTED 7th MAY 2015
- As your Ward Councillor during 2000-2003, I helped save Scotts Meadow from development.
- During these difficult times, with my fellow Councillors we are striving to provide low Council Taxes and value for money.
- The under-age birth-rate is unacceptable. Children need to be taught respect for themselves and others and we need to constantly strive to improve our education system in Torbay.
- Each individual child throughout Torbay deserves the same start in life, education and employment prospects.
- I am working with our team to improve Torbay's tired image, encouraging new investment and job opportunities.
- The holiday industry is vital to the local economy. The English Riviera brings to mind a resort which is glamorous and sophisticated which I believe is sadly lacking at the moment. We need to offer an experience to holidaymakers which encourages them to return to our local environment which has a lot to offer not only to the visitors but also to local residents.
- I work in the NHS Mental Health Community Team in Torbay - supporting people suffering from long-term acute mental health problems. I am a committed member of the Church of England, I support the institution of Monarchy. I am the Chairman of Elizabeth Finn Care (Distressed Gentlefolk Aid Association), President of the Vintage and Classic Car Club. I support and am closely involved with several local and national charities.
- The fighting men and women of the British Armed Forces are an inspiration to everyone, I am full of admiration for them.
Bus. email: email@example.com