I have been privileged to serve as your Ward Councillor since December 2005 and currently represent Torbay Council on Devon and Somerset Fire Authority. Since December 2005 I have worked tirelessly for our local community and below I have listed a few of my achievements.
• Helped to save all Ward Post Offices from closure.
• Extended the 30mph limit to Lupton House.
• Ensured the retaining of all the Green Spaces in Hookhills.
• Instrumental in forming the successful Churston,
• Galmpton and Broadsands Community Partnership.
• Helped to introduce entrance Gateways to Galmpton Village.
• Prevented unsightly billboards being erected on Galmpton Common.
• Supportive and actively involved in local issues e.g. RAGS,
• The Sports Hub, Windy Corner alterations, Development at White Rock.
• Hold monthly Surgeries.
I am a School Governor at White Rock Primary School and member of numerous local community groups. If re-elected I would continue to be committed to working for the best interests of the residents of Churston with Galmpton..
My wife Judith is a well-respected teacher at Churston Ferrers Grammar School so we are both very much involved in the life and development of our local area.
5 Bascombe Close
landline: 01803 843412